6 Months: Elder’s Personalized Living Plan™
Bringing together healthcare expertise, estate planning knowledge, and project management skills, Silver Sherpa works with the elderly and their families or friends to build and deliver actionable, pragmatic plans.
What Is Included?
- Three key components:
- 1. Comprehensive assessment of the elderly person or couple’s circumstances, current needs, and future needs and wants
- 2. Personalized action plan to meet those needs/wants in a pragmatic and budget-conscious way
- 3. Ongoing project management of your action plan
- Connect elders and their families with the right professionals at the right time to deliver on the plan – and we follow-up and coordinate with any professionals or healthcare providers
- 6 month period of dedicated service
- Regular client meetings in your home
- Response times of 1 hour or less
- Bundled pricing (you get one bill, one price)
- e-Consultations as required
- Recommend options for you to choose from and ensure you understand all the cost implications
- Personalized binder with all your information in one place
Your Client Director is will be there every step of the way. We are proactive advisors, helping elders live life on their terms to enjoy their silver years.
Anything discussed with your Client Director is confidential, and will only be shared with family members or other advisors with your explicit consent.
The assessment, action plan, and ongoing project management together complete your easy-to-follow Personalized Living Plan™:
1. Elderly Quality of Life Assessment
The first step – you work with your Client Director to complete a comprehensive assessment of the nine key areas for smart, positive ageing. The findings reflect your current status and we work together to determine your immediate priorities, short term, and long term goals.
This is no mere half-hour chat. The full assessment takes about 6 to 8 hours over a few sessions. Your findings are documented in an easy-to-read, color-coded printed report.
2. Personalized Action Plan for Elders
The next step – you and your Client Director discuss the findings to set realistic priorities, goals, and next steps. You decide if you wish to have family or friends as part of the discussion.
We create a personalized action plan for elders, outlining:
- Clear tasks in order of priority
- Next steps for each task
- Resources required
- Documents required
- Meeting dates and times
- Costs associated with any option or service recommendation
3. Ongoing Plan Management
The Personalized Living Plan™ addresses each of the following interconnected areas:
Elder Care Is Just The Tip of The Iceberg
We offer a unique combination of healthcare expertise, estate planning knowledge, and project management skills to cut through the maze of overwhelming options.
Once your action plan is completed, your Client Director works with you every step of the way.
Based on your plan, your Director will:
- Help address priority tasks first
- Regularly meet with you
- Map out the appropriate support and services you require
- Help schedule meetings
- Organize information and documents for all meetings
- Regular updates with you, and if you wish, your family
- E-consults as needed
We can also connect you with our extensive roster of pre-qualified experts, if you desire; however, you are always free to choose your own practitioners and advisors. Silver Sherpa clients receive priority status with our network of experts, including professionals such as experienced estate lawyers and financial experts to a variety of in-demand healthcare specialists and leading senior care clinics and facilities.
Our clients are often looking at major changes, such as:
- Seeking out more appropriate and better integrated healthcare services
- Reviewing and choosing the options of whether to stay in your home or explore retirement or assisted living
- Ensuring financial matters including taxation issues are reviewed and updated
All of these decisions take time. We’ll be there with you, updating your action plan as priority tasks are completed, and conducting regular telephone calls and/or meetings with you and your family to review progress and to ensure no gaps remain.
Get in touch with us now to set up your first meeting with a Client Director. We offer a complimentary consultation in your home.
Do you want your Client Director to continue to work with you after the PLP? No problem! Learn about our Sherpas for Life™ service.