Silver Sherpa Adds Long Term Care Planning Network to Our Professional Network
9th May, 2017
I am delighted to welcome Karen Henderson to Silver Sherpa’s professional network!
As the result of a life-changing 14 year dementia care experience involving her father, Karen founded the Long Term Care Planning Network, Canada’s leading resource centre for ageing and long term care planning and education. Her seminar series, website, newsletter, and print/electronic tools are recognized as key international long term care educational resources.
For the past 25 years, Karen has been a well-known speaker, educator, writer, media commentator, publisher, and consultant in the field of caregiving and long term care. She has also been published in leading geriatric journals in Canada.
Over the years, she has sat on many not-for-profit/government committees concerned with ageing, Alzheimer’s disease, and elder abuse. She has been featured frequently on television and radio and helped write/produce the 13-part television series Caregiving With June Callwood. Both Health Canada and the Ontario government have asked her to create articles for public education.
Karen has worked with a wide range of businesses, healthcare, and community organizations across Canada to help all Canadians understand the implications of ageing and long term care on financial, personal, and family well-being. Karen regards Silver Sherpa’s unique combination of services as a critical component of successful ageing.
“Working with the Silver Sherpa team, Karen will be able to bring more comprehensive services to her communities and client base, and at the same time, enrich the services we offer. We are excited to have her join our professional network!”
- Susan Hyatt BSc(PT) MBA, CEO and Co-Founder Silver Sherpa
Silver Sherpa offers a unique combination of healthcare expertise, estate planning knowledge, and project management skills to help the elderly. Schedule a call with us to discuss your needs – it can be as brief as 15 minutes or as long as you need.
You may also be interested in:
- Combating Brain Ageing Diseases that Affect Women – Women’s Brain Health Institute
- We Need to Talk about Working Daughters (and Sons)
- Tried and True Tips for Caring for Elderly Parents over Long Distances
- Silver Sherpa Adds Long Term Care Planning Network to Our Professional Network - May 9, 2017
- Silver Sherpa Adds Arbor Memorial Funeral Home to Our Professional Network - April 20, 2017
- Combating Brain Ageing Diseases that Affect Women – Women’s Brain Health Institute - March 16, 2017
- Silver Sherpa Adds Health City Canada to Our Professional Network - March 2, 2017
- We Need to Talk about Working Daughters (and Sons) - February 7, 2017
- How to Tackle Guilt and Obligation over the Holidays Head On - December 16, 2016
- Osteoporosis: Impacts on Individuals Living with the Disease and on the Canadian Healthcare System - November 15, 2016
- Osteoporosis: A Major Concern for Both Elderly Women and Men - November 1, 2016
- International Day of Older Persons 2016! - September 30, 2016
- 5 Living Options for Elders – Which One Is Right for You? - September 14, 2016